Myspace, Myspace Graphics, Myspace Backgrounds

oodlesofnoodlesoffun

Random thoughts and views and happenings and thoughts and views on random happenings etc

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

How good a friend are you?

I have often asked myself this question. I know all these wonderful people and when times are tough, it is amazing to see how they all pull together and get you through whatever the crisis is. We have recently taken in a youngster(24). I call him cocaine cowboy for obvious reasons. Now he knows exactly how I feel about his addiction. The problem is that he had a girlfriend who was in matric and fell pregnant last year. She had a little boy, but their relationship is a on/off kind of thing. I know that she shares his addiction and was even doing it when she was pregnant. I know that the only way he can stay clean is if he stays with us. He won't bring the stuff into my house. I saw what he looked like after a week of not sniffing, but then he went to visit her for a weekend. When things went wrong there again, which only took two days, he came back to us. In the couple of days that he was there, the two of them stole her mothers' phone and sold it to sniff. Needless to say, we have had endless problems with her mother about this guy. Last night or should I say early hours of this morning, (01h15) my doorbell rang. WTF??? Mr B refused to get up thinking that it was her. Unfortunately whoever was at the gate, refused to give up and continued ringing the bell. Thinking about the two little ones who obviously heard the doorbell, I got up and found that it was the police. I was so shocked to find them walking towards my front door at that time of the night, that I asked them if they were stupid. If Mr B wasn't in bed, I would probably have had a heart attack at the sight of the cops. It wasn't just one or two for that matter, but 5 of them. I asked them what they wanted and they were looking for said youngster. They just wanted to talk to him. BAH HA - 5 policeman and they just "want to talk to him". Fortunately for him, he wasn't there. By this time Mr B was standing next to me at the front door, dressed in only his jocks - wonder what the police thought. Seeing that they didn't have a warrant, we didn't let them into the house and they grudgingly left on the promise that we will deliver said delinquent to them this morning. Apparently the ex-girlfriend has laid an assault charge against him. Needless to say Mr B, visibly the moer in(excuse the French) phoned the complainant and woke their whole house up. She pleaded not guilty. I wonder if the fact that our delinquent is now seeing one of her friends has something to do with this charge?

I have to raise the question now - do I allow this guy to stay in our house? Do I continue trying to help him come clean? Do I throw him to the wolves? The problem is that his own parents have given up on him. He is trying to do the right thing for his son. I know that that little baby is the only reason why he is trying so hard to come clean. The mother of the baby is not helping at all. She won't allow him to see the baby, but she phones every 30 minutes about the baby needing milk or nappies or whatever else she can think of. The problem is that I feel so sorry for this little baby. He is already an addict and he is only 3 months old. What will become of him?

6 Comments:

  • At 7:14 PM, Blogger Terri said…

    Eesh, tough call Buddess. I know u feel sorry for the baby, but in all fairness it's NOT your problem - you have 2 toddlers of your own for goodness' sake. They don't need the kind of problems it sounds like this guy is gonna cause for you. It's all very well being a good friend, but it's a 2-way street, and you have to draw the line somewhere.
    But that's just my opinion.

     
  • At 11:16 AM, Blogger Framesby 86 said…

    word veri - {vlefvwcw} - my thoughts exactly!!!!

     
  • At 2:55 PM, Blogger Bosbefok said…

    If you want my 2 cents worth .....Chuck him out on his ass !! We have another one of these guys as a common friend You know him Too) and all he ever did was leach and use.Other friends of ours ( the ones from G.town) were looking after and befriending a youngster who it turns out was robbing them blind !!
    Feck em all. Charity starts at home . Look after you and yours first , you dont need the cops to pitch up with a warrant and wake your kids and traumatise them do ya ? Real friends wouldnt put you in that position. Send him to me.... i will straighten him out !

     
  • At 9:29 AM, Blogger Framesby 86 said…

    Bosbefok - I couldn't get him on the plane - he found stash in someone's luggage - cops now using him as sniffer dog - he is in heaven!!!

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger Framesby 86 said…

    sswarlord - thank you for dropping by. I am happy to report that the fellow is no longer living in our house. He has done a houdini act on all who knows him. I am still concerned about the little one, but the mother fortunately has come to her senses and is putting in a huge effort to pull herself together. At least, so I was told. How did you find me?

     
  • At 11:49 AM, Blogger Framesby 86 said…

    sswarlord - the SS should have given you away and thank you, I did receive the message. Busy with a response.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home