Myspace, Myspace Graphics, Myspace Backgrounds

oodlesofnoodlesoffun

Random thoughts and views and happenings and thoughts and views on random happenings etc

Thursday, January 05, 2006

She's b-a-c-k!!!!!!

Hi all. As some of you might have noticed, I haven't been around here much lately. Well, I was on leave!!! Supposedly. Unsuccessfully. You see, seeing that I was going to be on holiday, my maid decided that it would be a good time for her to take holiday. Well, for the past 3 weeks, I have been working my butt off. Figuratively speaking. If only it was literally. Actually, almost literally. I have been very good with going to the gym. It was my only escape every day and boy, did I take advantage of it. In the last 5 weeks, I have lost 6 cm around my waist and 3cm around the abdomen and 4 cm around the hips. I have also lost 5 kilo's and lost 2% body fat. That is according to my measurement sheet from the gym. Yes, you actually get a print out and it stares you in the face if you haven't been good. I am impressed. So are my instructors.

Apart from the dishes, washing, house cleaning and looking after the babies, it wasn't too bad. Christmas came and went without too much fuss. I was the only one who fussed and spent a whole 16 hours cooking and preparing the best Christmas lunch ever and the family proceeded to stuff themselves and didn't even offer to help with the dishes. So much for Christmas spirit. I wonder if I will do that again this year. I don't like starting the New Year with a hangover, so we made a fire at home and had a good old South African braai. We all went to bed just after the stroke of midnight and after all the fireworks in the neighborhood had died down.

I hope and trust that all of my cyberfriends had a wonderful and blessed Christmas and that your New Year started well. May 2006 be the mother of all years!!!!!!!!

11 Comments:

  • At 2:50 PM, Blogger Terri said…

    Yay!! I was beginning to think Santa had kidnapped you or something! Glad you had a good holiday, congrats on the weight and welcome back to blogland. We missed you!
    PS... you can make the lunch again this year but you have GOT to get yourself a dishwasher, girl!

     
  • At 3:26 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Thank goodness you're back. Was wondering.... nevermind what I was wondering.

    Have an awesome 2006!

     
  • At 9:17 AM, Blogger Framesby 86 said…

    Terri - After seeing some Santa cartoons recently, maybe it could have been a lot of fun had he kidnapped me!!!

    Michelle - an awesome 2006 to you and your son also!!!! Now I'm wondering what you were wondering.

     
  • At 9:24 AM, Blogger LiVEwiRe said…

    Welcome back! I'm jealous... you get a braai on New Years, all we get here is frostbite! =) Now, you are doing some serious shrinking, girl! I'm so proud of you! I know it's hard but you are doing such a great job! Congrats!

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger Reluctant Nomad said…

    Welcome back to cyberland. Sorry to hear about the lazy family but it still sounds as if you enjoyed yourself.

    Have a great 2006.

     
  • At 12:06 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Well, if you MUST know, I was wondering if you'd over-eaten of the Christmas goodies and rolled off the continent into the sea! :)

    At least I think that is what I was wondering. But being (semi)blonde, you never know.

     
  • At 9:29 PM, Blogger ChittyChittyBangBang! said…

    And it is jolly good to have you back, Buddess!! :)
    Seriously, I wish you all the best and hope that 2006 will bring with it only good things for you and your family.

     
  • At 9:14 AM, Blogger Framesby 86 said…

    Livewire - Thank you very much. I am going for another weigh in and measure today, so please hold thumbs.

    Reluctant Nomad - I think they just all ate way too much and thanks for the good wishes.

    Michelle - I had my moments, but I behaved well in general. Couldn't walk past the trifle though. I like your picture!!!

    Chitty - So glad to see that you are also still around and my wish for 2006 is very much the same for you. I also hope that your new job is what you are looking for. May you find lots of things to tell us about.

     
  • At 8:51 PM, Blogger Terri said…

    Oooh, nice new look Buddess!

     
  • At 2:08 PM, Blogger Reluctant Nomad said…

    You used to be so pink and now you are so blue-grey. A bit like a bird's egg shell. Nice change! :-)

     
  • At 8:59 PM, Blogger Ben O. said…

    Welcome back - nice look to the blog too.

    Ben O.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home