Myspace, Myspace Graphics, Myspace Backgrounds

oodlesofnoodlesoffun

Random thoughts and views and happenings and thoughts and views on random happenings etc

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Blast from the past


I know this happened to a couple of bloggers recently. I received a phone call this morning that has done some strange things to my head. A couple of months ago, I registered on SA Reunited and blogged about someone contacting me that used to go to school with me. We have been emailing each other every now and then and sharing jokes and annecdotes etc. This morning was different though. I received a phone call from him. I knew it was him, but was too stunned to acknowledge that. He knew he took the wind out of my sails. I was stunned. Didn't know what to say. Damn, I hate when that happens. I am normally quick to make a witty remark or come up with a joke, but oh my gosh, I didn't have a clue.

Can you believe that 20 years on, I remember how it felt the first time we kissed? Tall, dark and handsome he was. Well, apparantly still is. I just saw a picture of him and I must be honest, not bad. It is amazing what a wonderful thing the mind is. My mind stored memories and he just unlocked some of them this morning.

Let's just say that my point is that I wish I could kick myself. I want to kick myself for being so stupid back then. I wish I could warn all 16, 17 & 18 year olds out there to be careful with the choices they make. An older guy, driving his own car and holding down a job is not always the better choice. It might look like that at the time, but it mostly turns out to be the wrong one. Yes, I ended it. I dumped him because along came a guy who impressed me with a car and a motorbike and lots of gifts and money. See, he was 4 years older than me, already working and seemed very cool at the time. Most of all, my folks didn't like him(the new guy) and back then, it played a big factor in the choices I made.

So today, I drink a toast to S. Thank you for bringing back the beautiful memories.

5 Comments:

  • At 4:04 PM, Blogger Reluctant Nomad said…

    So are you going to meet up with him? Probably best not to?

    I had been wondering where you had got to - you've been quiet for a while.

     
  • At 10:42 PM, Blogger Terri said…

    I'll drink a toast with you. It probably would've been easier if he'd turned fat & bald, eh?
    Oh, those "what if"'s...

     
  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger Framesby 86 said…

    Reluctant Nomad - I'm not sure. Our high school is planning our 20 year reunion for next year. I should bump into him then. We don't live in the same cities, so meeting up with him will be out and he is married. I have been busy at work, so haven't been able to write. I have been reading all my regular blogs. Glad someone missed me.

    Terri - He said that he has gained weight. So many "what if's"...
    Can I pour you another?

     
  • At 9:36 AM, Blogger ChittyChittyBangBang! said…

    Twenty years on is a long time and a lot has happened since.
    The "what ifs" are better left at just that.
    Take care, Jo.

     
  • At 9:43 AM, Blogger Framesby 86 said…

    I know Chitty. Can't help to be curious though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home