Myspace, Myspace Graphics, Myspace Backgrounds

oodlesofnoodlesoffun

Random thoughts and views and happenings and thoughts and views on random happenings etc

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Water water water.......

We had a public holiday yesterday and this gave us the chance to drive around PE and investigate the flood damage. I am going to post a few of the pictures that I took and bear in mind that it is now a week since the flood.

I was shocked at how much water was still present in certain areas.


In this picture you will notice a pump that is busy pumping the water to try and clear the road. This was taken in Boundary Lane that is between Lovemore Park and Mount Pleasant. Also take note of a youngster walking in the water. There are three houses where the inhabitants can't leave their homes because there is no way out for them. Spare a thought...


This was taken on the main road to Seaview and as you can see the road isn't passable. This area is Bushy Park. There are loads of small holdings in this area. The next picture was taken at the same place. We parked almost at the water's edge. To the right is the only access road for people who live on the small holdings. This man had his family in the car and they must have been desperate to get out and tried to cross the water. They got stuck halfway through.


Fortunately for the family, there was a helping hand and the bakkie in the background was able to pull the vehicle out of the water. With a lot of cheers from the spectators that had gathered on our side of the road.

I have more pictures that I will post later. Please remember the people obviously still suffering in you prayers.

7 Comments:

  • At 4:36 PM, Blogger AngelConradie said…

    that's some scary ess-aitch-one-tee bud!

     
  • At 5:28 PM, Blogger Katt said…

    Wow, Buddess, we got of lightly!

     
  • At 5:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    How dreadful. Let's hope those who need rescuing get it soon.

    Just want to mention that the road I live on is off a street called Mount Pleasant and an area I lived in when we were in the UK goes by the name of Bushy.

     
  • At 9:47 AM, Blogger kyknoord said…

    This being Africa, I'm surprised some enterprising soul hasn't started up a ferry service (for a small fee, of course)

     
  • At 11:37 AM, Blogger Framesby 86 said…

    Angel - so true!!!

    Katt - Thankfully so!!!

    Dawn - How's that for coincidence??

    Kyknoord - know of any ferries going cheaply????

     
  • At 1:32 AM, Blogger DelBoy said…

    Hi Buddess. I'm still around and I pop in here often, just don't have time to leave comments!

    My cousin's grew up in Mt Pleasant! It's weird to see this much water around when I know that my folks had a hose-pipe ban in George!

    Thanks for popping by my blog.

     
  • At 9:02 AM, Blogger Framesby 86 said…

    Delboy - Hello stranger. I do the same and I must say that your little one is so cute!!!! You will never say by looking at the whole George, Knysna, Sedgefield area that they have water problems. It still is beautiful and green. But yes, our restrictions have now been lifted.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home