Myspace, Myspace Graphics, Myspace Backgrounds

oodlesofnoodlesoffun

Random thoughts and views and happenings and thoughts and views on random happenings etc

Friday, August 04, 2006

Yet another flood

What utter chaos and devestation. It started raining on Wednesday, 2 August and by Thursday morning there were chaos. Saddest thing in all this can be read at the following address.
http://www.theherald.co.za/herald/news/n03_04082006.htm.

People are running around professing that the end is near. Are they just running scared or is there truth in it? What with floods, heatwaves, war, tsunamis etc all happening around us, I am asking myself if we are missing something. I would like you views on that.

While you ponder my question, have a look at some of the devastation I saw.


While all this rain was falling here around us, it was snowing elsewhere and not very far away either. A friend sent me these pictures. They were taken about 20 kilometers outside of Beaufort West.




Nature can be just as beautiful as she can be ugly!!!! We need to respect her more.......

5 Comments:

  • At 2:15 PM, Blogger M said…

    It is sooo good to know you are safe. Stay high and dry (if you can).

     
  • At 9:55 PM, Blogger TheTart said…

    Ditto with M ... stay safe. FYI ... for what it's worth maybe all this global warming stuff has some merit or it could be that this is just the way of the planet. Who knows.?.

    Stay safe,
    The Tart
    ; )

     
  • At 9:36 AM, Blogger Framesby 86 said…

    m - thank you and I followed your advice. I was so tempted to go and have a look at some of the worst hit areas to take pictures, but decided against it.

    Tart - I agree - we have to respect our planet more, after all, it is the only one we've got.

    Kiwichat - I'm waiting for the email!!!! Love you lots toooooo!!!!

     
  • At 3:04 PM, Blogger Katt said…

    Hey you! Glad to hear you guys survived. When I look at these pics I realise how lucky we are. And I fully agree with your last comment, we do need to respect the Old Girl more.

     
  • At 8:53 AM, Blogger Framesby 86 said…

    Katt - I have since heard that the bakkie in the pictures above belongs to a friend of ours. He showed me the bruises on his legs that he got from trying to get out of the bakkie. He says that it was terrifying and that he was very lucky to get out.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home