Myspace, Myspace Graphics, Myspace Backgrounds

oodlesofnoodlesoffun

Random thoughts and views and happenings and thoughts and views on random happenings etc

Friday, August 11, 2006

2996 Project


I paid Hannelie a visit this morning and noticed her post on the 2996 project started by D.Channeler Roe. The aim is to get 2996 bloggers to publish a post ON 9/11 remembering one of the victims of the 9/11 attacks.

I followed the link and found an interesting site and a lot of hype about people complaining about the reasons behind the project and such nonsense. You can read it for yourself and then draw your own conclusion whether you want to do it or not. I decided to do it. I don't live in America. I don't know anyone who died that day. I didn't loose a loved one in any of the attacks, but I am human. I am thankful, like Hannelie that it didn't happen in my town. I am thankful that despite all the violence in our own country, I have not been affected by it. I am thankful that I have a heart and I am thankful that I can now go and google for some information on the name that was assigned to me. I am hoping that I will be able to pay honest tribute to him and therefore I placed a thingy in my sidebar proving that I have joined the march. I couldn't think of a more fitting way to remember those who lost their lives on that day, than exactly this!!

I was number 1607 to sign up so there are still lots of names available. So, I have started preparing my post for 9/11. Are you going to do it? Go for it and click here to sign up.

9 Comments:

  • At 1:44 PM, Blogger Flea said…

    This is just so weird, just this morning I was thinking of you and that I haven't been over in a while. Busy busy busy.
    I am so glad you came over to remind me you are still here! I am so so glad you decided to participate and are spreading the word.
    I kept saying eventhough we didn't lost loved ones we can atleast pay a tribute to those who died so unfairly and remember the families who suffered with this massive world changing event.

    Hope all is well in SA. I looove the new look. Take care and stay well.
    Aussie greetings.

     
  • At 1:56 PM, Blogger Framesby 86 said…

    Hannelie - You inspired me today. Thank you for that. Always lekker to pay you a visit!! I am still tweaking here and there on the look, but I like it so far. You take care too!

     
  • At 6:05 PM, Blogger Dale Challener Roe said…

    2996 administrator here. Thanks for the mention. Could I ask one small favor though? The link you provide is to www.dcroe.com which is my personal site, but www.dcroe.com/2996/ is the site for this project. Would you mind changing the link? If they go directly to my site they'll have to look around quite a bit to find the 2996 info.

    Thank you, and thanks for signing up.

     
  • At 8:06 PM, Blogger Chuck said…

    good for you lady, i've already done mine, come by and check it out if you like, i'll do more on the anniversary. i think it's a good thing for anyone to do.

    and how did you warrent a comment by the man himself, d.c roe?

    thanks again!

     
  • At 7:56 PM, Blogger Michael Colvin said…

    Hello,

    You don't know me as I only started reading your blog a couple of days ago. I just wanted to say thank you for the post on 2,996. It made me go investigate and eventually sign up. I think it is a good idea to honour the victims whether we knew them or not. It helps keep them and the awfullness of what they went through in our collective memory around the world. I am going to put a lot of thought into my post on the day.

    Once again thanks for a good post.

    Regards,

    Todemesne

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger Framesby 86 said…

    DC Roe - I am so sorry. In my eagerness I forgot to add the link, but I have corrected it and I wish you luck for this awesome project.

    Chuck - I had a blonde moment!!! heeheehee -

    todomesne - A hearty welcome and please feel free to drop in any time. I obviously and curiously went to browse your blog. Found your posts very interesting!!!! I will have to keep on reading because I can't figure out if you are female or not. Not that it is a problem either way, but the mystery is there!!!! I love it.

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger ChittyChittyBangBang! said…

    Can't wait to read your tribute. I know that in true Buddess-style, you will do well by the person assigned to you. :)

     
  • At 9:12 PM, Blogger Michael Colvin said…

    Hello Buddess,

    Thanks for the warm words. I do intend to remain anon but I hadn't considered that my gender would be so hidden in my blog. Interesting. I might run with that one for a while...

    And my 2,996 post has already got another person signing up. I'm so pleased!

    Regards,

    Todemesne

     
  • At 9:39 AM, Blogger Framesby 86 said…

    Todemesne - That is fantastic. I hope to have the same results!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home