Myspace, Myspace Graphics, Myspace Backgrounds

oodlesofnoodlesoffun

Random thoughts and views and happenings and thoughts and views on random happenings etc

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Blog story

The first chapter of this story was started by my friend on his blog Blairblogg. This is my continuance thereof. Let us see how far the story goes.


By the time I reached the table, Toby had seen me and made space for me next to him at the table. This placed him very close to Jessy. I had to smile at his sharpness. She was even more beautiful from up close. I couldn’t help thinking that she doesn’t belong. What brought her to this place? Even more, why would she come back here? There was nothing spectacular about the place.

I decided to introduce myself as no one else made an attempt to make any introductions. “Hi, I’m Dave and you must be Jessy. I have heard so much about you”. When she looked directly at me, I almost got lost in the clarity of her blue eyes. I immediately understood what the fuzz was all about. I felt like I was drowning. The feel of her hand taking my outstretched hand brought me back to reality. Like a lifeline thrown to a drowning sailor. “Hi Dave. It is very nice to meet you. The guys were telling me about you earlier. I believe that you travel a lot. That would mean that we have a lot in common. “I started thinking if I was the cause of all the laughter coming from the table earlier. Were the guys telling her some of my travel stories? I suddenly regret some of the tales I told them. I thought it was supposed to stay between us. I realized that I was still holding her soft hand in mine. “You will have to tell me more.” I said and grudgingly let go of her hand.

I took the seat next to Toby and silently sipped my beer. A strange feeling came over me. I was still trying to identify the turmoil inside when Toby asked how my trip was. I had been on a scouting trip to a University just south of here. “It turned out to be a total waste of time. The prospect played a game three days ago and did serious damage to his knee. I doubt if the poor boy will ever be able to play again. I met his parents and they showed me some footage taken over the past few years. He showed real talent”. From the corner of my eye, I saw Andy at the other end of the table. Andy is a good looking guy, tall, blonde, green eyes. He is normally the guy in the group that women tend to talk to first. He has this innocent look about him. For some reason, he was at a loss for words. He just sat there and stared. I got the feeling that there was something more to Jessy suddenly appearing here.

“Would you like another drink Jessy?” I offered. As I got up to go to the bar, she put her hand on my arm and said that she would walk with me.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:34 PM, Blogger Bosbefok said…

    Nice one Buddess, I hope someone else takes up the challenge and lets me know too so I can follow it as it grows. Who knows, one day it could grow up into a book :-)

    P.s The thought came from "The blinking owl" in good old Port Elizabeth and our "Flight of the Drunken Turkeys" evenings ....

     
  • At 2:21 PM, Blogger Terri said…

    It's taken me 3 days or something but I finally just finished reading your addition. Watch this space...

     
  • At 2:22 PM, Blogger Terri said…

    OK that came out wrong. The reason it took me so long is cos I kept getting interrupted and wanted to read it all in one go. I like!
    :-)

     
  • At 9:19 AM, Blogger Framesby 86 said…

    You had me going there Terri!! Can't wait to see it grow.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home