Myspace, Myspace Graphics, Myspace Backgrounds

oodlesofnoodlesoffun

Random thoughts and views and happenings and thoughts and views on random happenings etc

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Scary movies...

Picture this.

It is 1983. I am 15 years old. It is Friday night and we are all going to the drive-in. We have been looking forward to this the whole week. My mom and the best neighbour lady ever, will be taking us(myself, my brother and sister and the 2 girls from next door)to the drive-in to watch Poltergeist. She drove a little beatle and with the two mothers in the front seat, we decided to take blankets and pillows with to make a bed infront of the car.

On the way to the drive-in, we got stuck behind a bus. Now bear in mind that this was before 1994 and we were terrified of black people. Especially a whole mob of them and they were all drunk. En route, a fight ensued in the bus and we could see people stabbing at each other with these huge dagger like knives. We saw people jumping out of the windows of the moving bus to avoid being stabbed. I remember my mother almost going histerical in the front as we narrowly missed a jumper. It was dark and pre-cellphone days and we couldn't be much help anyway. We were so happy that the bus took a left turn where we had to go right at a crossroads. We finally reached the entrance to the drive-in. We were already shaken up and were contemplating rather abandoning the movie and go home. I heard "Aunty Leonie" telling my mom that maybe they should rather take us to the roadhouse for icecream. As this was said, we heard a crash and scream and a thud sound next to the car. When I looked out the window, I saw the bottom half of what I assumed was a woman, (it was wearing a skirt)lying next to our car in the road. A bus had hit a woman while she attempted to cross the street. She was completely severed in half. The top half of her body lay a couple of meters down the road. All we wanted to do, was get away from there. Fortunately the gates of the drive-in opened and we could go inside. All thoughts of camping outside the car were lost. We stayed and watched the movie. The adults must have thought that would make us forget what we saw outside, but I must admit that I don't remember much about the movie.

I got to watch the movie last night as a matter of fact. I was alone at home with the two babies and couldn't sleep. Due to it being Halloween, almost all the TV channels were showing scary movies. Poltergeist was on TCM. I must admit that it wasn't scary at all. I wrote this post after reading what Ben O wrote and a question he posed on Friday.

7 Comments:

  • At 2:44 PM, Blogger Terri said…

    OMG that is horrible!!!!

     
  • At 8:10 AM, Blogger Michelle said…

    OH.My.Goodness... Horrific stuff! I grew up during the war in Zimbabwe, and never saw things that bad.

     
  • At 4:41 AM, Blogger LiVEwiRe said…

    OMG! That is one of the worst things I've ever heard. I must admit that due to where I live, I've managed to avoid many things like that. I am hoping that is the worst thing you have to endure. Ever.

     
  • At 10:36 AM, Blogger Framesby 86 said…

    It is amazing how easy it was to talk about it now. I blocked that out for many years and wouldn't speak about it to anyone. And I totally hope the same thing Livewire.

     
  • At 9:01 PM, Blogger ChittyChittyBangBang! said…

    Hell, Jo. That was quite a horrific experience.
    I am not easily shaken, but this would have scared me.

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Blogger Ben O. said…

    Wow - I agree that Poltergeist is not scary now, but man was it in the day.

    Ben O.

     
  • At 9:32 AM, Blogger Framesby 86 said…

    Chitty - I think even James Bond would have been shaken by that.

    Ben O - Agreed!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home