Myspace, Myspace Graphics, Myspace Backgrounds

oodlesofnoodlesoffun

Random thoughts and views and happenings and thoughts and views on random happenings etc

Monday, August 28, 2006

Houseguest #3

Ok, sit tight. I have no idea how long this is going to get. I need to get this off my chest. Either that or I am going to climb the walls. Mr B has the ability to take in strays. Now, I don't mind the animal kind, but he attracks the human kind. Way back in September of last year I posted about Houseguest #1 here . Then in January, I wrote about Houseguest # 2 here. It has happened again. We have another houseguest and he has been there for the past 2 months. He is a long lost military friend who had to undergo a shoulder op and needless to say, his stay seems to be more of the permanent nature, yet again!!! This man is 44 years old, ex military, ex policeman, ex farm foreman and now looking for gainful employment. He receives a pension from the police force, but that basically covers the maintenance he has to pay for his 3 boys. Now you are probably wondering what the problem is??? Let me put it this way. He has no manners. He farts and burps when and where he pleases. He snores so badly that he is keeping me awake at night. Further to that, he is selfish beyond belief. If you are a regular reader, you will know that I have a pretty full household. What with 6 children, Mr B's cousin(who now has a girlfriend who visits weekends), the 2 of us and Mr Selfish Fart Burp Eat a lot? I normally cook for at least 8 to 10 people at any given meal. Now, my problem is this. For example, Mr SFBE spent the weekend at his girlfriends'. Out of the blue, he arrives yesterday just as we were about to have lunch. Not just him, but he had his 3 boys in tow!!! Not a word of warning that he might be here for lunch. I am ashamed to admit this, but we postponed lunch. We put everything away and carried on watching the Grand Prix. He had to take the children back to their mom and I promise the minute he was out the door, we all ran for the kitchen. Mr B recently went hunting and shot a Springbok and we smoked both the legs of the springbok in our smoker. Now if you know meat, you will know that a Springbok isn't known for its quantity of meat. We carved the meat and all had a fair share and then Mr SFBE returned and served himself a plate of food that would have fed 4 Ethiopian children for at least a week. Not a please or do we mind or has everyone had something to eat, because he put everything that was left over in his plate. We didn't make a big lunch. I made a green salad and potato salad and the smoked meat. I lost it completely. I blasted this man for his selfishness and he just gave me a blank look and said "but I thought you all had finished eating" - So what if we all had, so what if there was still enough meat left for samies!!!! So what if that was going to be supper or toasted samies for breakfast!!!!

That isn't all. He is so untidy. I cleaned his bedroom(actually the cousins's - who is now sharing with the 16 year old) last weekend and packed the wardrobe neat and tidy. It is a mess. It looks worse than the kids' room. Sis man!!! He is careless too. He leaves his painkillers on the bed and we have two toddlers in the house. We have asked him to keep the bedroom door closed but no!!!!! He uses the bathroom and does a number 2. Man o man o man!!!! Then he leaves the door open and the whole house smells so bad that we have to sit outside. He walked into our bedroom the other morning and well, we were sort of busy with something and he just walked right in. No knocking, no asking if he may enter - he just walked right in!!! I thought I was going to die. How can people be so ignorant? I thought Mr B was going to kill him. He blasted him out of the room and mind you that was that for our little bit of privacy.

Their is an upside to this story. He met a girl 17 years younger than him a month ago. They have fallen in love and are moving into a flat this coming weekend. Isn't that wonderful? Love at first sight!!! Who else believes in love at first sight? Come on, don't be shy. Put up your hands. Anyone??? I kinda know this girl and therefore felt it my duty to warn her about some of his antics and that just turned her on more!!! Match made in heaven, don't ya think?

13 Comments:

  • At 2:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    He sounds like an interensting house guest to say the least. Good that there is a solution on the horizon. You know what, some relationships I have formed here have shown me that it is one thing being a supportive good friend and it's another whole thing being a doormat. Clearly he has overstayed his welcome. Did you at least make one poep in his room while you were cleaning it - just for your own satisfaction. Ultimately, he has given you a chance to be hospitable and to extend kindness ... and we all know that's what makes the world turn! Have a good week. xoxo

     
  • At 4:28 PM, Blogger Terri said…

    Three cheers for love at first sight!!! May it last forever (for your sake)
    ;)

     
  • At 8:49 AM, Blogger ChittyChittyBangBang! said…

    Good riddnce, I say. Your hubby sure knows how to pick 'em!

     
  • At 9:36 AM, Blogger Framesby 86 said…

    Dawn - I didn't even think about that. THe thought has crossed my mind to "doctor" his food with something that would give him a serious case of the runs!!!!

    Terri - I'm with you on that one!!!

    Chitty - Bless his soft heart!!! That is what makes him so special, but I should not have let this get so out of control.

     
  • At 10:35 AM, Blogger DelBoy said…

    Whatever you do, don't open a B&B! Just more rooms for hubby to fill!

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger Bosbefok said…

    It sounds like time you put down some ground rules for MR B. Or get him to pay for a full time maid.
    Jeeze - you have a full enough house as it is without having srays and leeches around......
    If you wipe a cloth with a bit of Brasso on it across the plate of the intended victim it gives them the squirts something awful !! (An old army trick)

     
  • At 2:35 PM, Blogger Framesby 86 said…

    Delboy - I will keep that in mind!!!hahahaha

    Bosbefok - Now this is the type of advice I was looking for!! Brasso you say?? Will you think I am mean if I try it?

     
  • At 10:37 PM, Blogger AngelConradie said…

    OMG M! you're a bloody saint! i woulda put my foot down months ago and its only me and damien in our house!

     
  • At 7:29 AM, Blogger LiVEwiRe said…

    What is it about you?! You seem to be a magnet for these situations. On the bright side, he'll be going to live elsewhere soon. You know, being inconsiderate is one thing, but to leave painkillers out with kids around is just blatant disregard for safety.

     
  • At 7:30 AM, Blogger LiVEwiRe said…

    And by the way, how on earth do you manage to cook for so many... I can barely do it for just me! =)

     
  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger Framesby 86 said…

    Angel - I know, sucker for punishment!!!

    Livewire - I totally agree on the safety issue. I love to cook and it is easier to cook for a lot of people than doing it for just one person, my opinion anyway. If it was only me, I would probably live on coffee and rusks. Would be much thinner then too!!!

     
  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger Katt said…

    Mr B sounds like Flyboy! Um, it's not really fair but you have my sympathies, I've been through something similar. I just hope when the "love at first sight" wanes you guys won't be the first door he knocks on.

     
  • At 2:21 PM, Blogger Framesby 86 said…

    katt - we are planning on moving soon!!! Too many strays know where to find us - any room on the farm?????

     

Post a Comment

<< Home