Myspace, Myspace Graphics, Myspace Backgrounds

oodlesofnoodlesoffun

Random thoughts and views and happenings and thoughts and views on random happenings etc

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

It happened!!!!

What a blast!!! The reunion was a huge success. All the months of hard work, planning, organizing, phone calls, e-mails and meetings finally paid off. The turnout was fabulous. The atmosphere was absolutely amazing. I didn't experience any awkward moments. People walked in and got stuck in the entrance and I eventually had to ask people to move through into the hall so that we could start our programme.

We had to decorate the venue on Friday morning. Drapes were hung by ourselves and tables carried around and arranged etc. Thankfully Mr B was there to help. By 16h00 I rushed home to shower and change and was back at the hall in record time. I almost panicked because the snacks for the evening should have arrived at 16h00 and they only got there at almost 17h00. Thankfully everyone stuck to the arranged time of 18h30 and we could get everything in place before the first guests arrived.



This is what the bar area, hall and some of the snacks looked like. I couldn't get to the other snack table as it was always surrounded by hungry guys. It had pastries and so forth on it.

We eventually dragged everyone into the hall and quickly got the formalities finalized. We have two couples who were at school together and are still married today. What an amazing feat don't you think?


We also handed champagne to all the parents who have children in our old high school at the moment (Mr Brut being one of them). Two ladies and two gentlemen made us proud. What astonished me though was how many people are raising their offspring as English and not Afrikaans.

I was honored to receive the Build a Nation trophy seeing that I have 4 children. I just don't think that anyone else would own up(heeheehee). What was my prize? A shining trophy. Definitely not - I received two stress balls!!!!


After we completed all the formalities, we attempted to get people to get onto the dancefloor, but to no avail. Everyone found a group and they were all just chatting away. I saw people moving from group to group and I have never experienced such an awesome atmosphere. People were genuinely happy to be there and to be around each other. I heard so many "remember that" and "remember when" and "wasn't that the girl that....". I found myself sitting in a corner at one stage and took pictures of all these little discussions going on.

I think I will have to end it here. Let's make this the end of part 1. I am sure there will be a few more to follow.

6 Comments:

  • At 6:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    CONGRATULATIONS! It looks like you created a very special event. I am so glad you enjoyed it yourself - it is seriously hard work pulling something like this together. I particularly enjoyed the one pic of the bar - it has been yonks since I have seen a can of Black Label and a bottle of TAB. Very lekker - well done. xoxo

     
  • At 7:47 PM, Blogger whatalotoffun said…

    sounds like you all had a blast. Well my 10 year is coming up next year. We must really get together some time.

     
  • At 10:40 AM, Blogger Reluctant Nomad said…

    How good it must feel to have had such a successful event! And how good to catch up with all those people again.

    Will you do a similar thing again? When?

     
  • At 2:08 PM, Blogger Bosbefok said…

    I bet there was a mega hangover the next day :-)

     
  • At 9:23 AM, Blogger Framesby 86 said…

    Dawn - So glad I could bring back some happy memories. I seemed to have done quite a lot of that recently?? heeheehee

    Whatalotoffun - want to hire my services????

    Reluctant Nomad - Well thank you and for sure. I am going to organize a 40th bash in 2 years time and our next reunion will be in 5 years time. People don't want to wait another 10 years.

    Bosbefok - most of the guys who played golf on Friday, was seriously battling on Saturday, but they got second wind soon enough!!! Hangover??? Me??? Never!!! Ok, maybe just slightly;-)

     
  • At 3:41 PM, Blogger AngelConradie said…

    ah, it looks SO COOL!
    unfortunately for me... a reunion is not on the cards for me ever because i was naughty and had to duck in grade 11 with a bun in my oven!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home