Myspace, Myspace Graphics, Myspace Backgrounds

oodlesofnoodlesoffun

Random thoughts and views and happenings and thoughts and views on random happenings etc

Thursday, February 23, 2006

The week that has been

What a strange week this has been. A week full of happiness, reassurances, reliving hurt burried very deep, uncertainty, helplessness, self-doubt, disappointment, excitement, relief. I don't even know how to start putting all this into words. Let's try it like this.

1. Happiness & reassurances

On Monday night myself, Mr B and the kids had to attend a Golden Tee function. Golden Tee is a hobby of ours. It is a golf game and if you want to know more you can go here to have a look at what it is all about. This finished at about eight. Mr B and I decided to do something we haven't done in a very long time. We got the little ones settled and arranged a babysitter and we went out for supper. Just the two of us. He took me to the Ocean Basket which is obviously a seafood restaurant. We are both very fond of seafood and over a seafood platter and a bottle of wine, he thanked me for everything that I do for him. He also thanked me for putting up with his family who forms an integral part of our daily living. He was under the impression that I don't get anything in return from him but yet I continue to love and support him in whatever he is doing. He called me the perfect wife for him. No, it wasn't a proposal and no, we are not getting married. All he did, was reassure me that we have a future together. It also confirmed that he is happy with our relationship and we even set some goals for the future. We never get the opportunity to discuss such matters at home. Mainly because we are never alone.

2. Reliving hurt buried very deep

Two blogs really got to me this past week. The first was ekapa and the other was a post by Reluctant Nomad. Both posts dealt with depression and suicide. It took me back to a very dark period in my life that I have hidden for a long time. Some people who know me might know snippets about it, but in general, I went through it alone. Not recommended. You shouldn't go through something like that on your own. I will blog about it when I have more confidence, but I am not ready yet.

3. Uncertainty

I missed an appointment with my boss and due to family reasons couldn't attend a launch with him. He was very upset with me and told me that he has invested a lot of money in me and is not happy about what I did. Needless to say, I have a sword hanging over my head and I am waiting for the sharp pain that is bound to come.

4. Helplessness

A very good friend lost her father yesterday. She is a single mother with a boy of 2 and her father was her only living relative apart from a sister who lives in England. She is in total despair. Apart from being extremely hung over today, she is dealing with a big loss and I don't know how to help her. She is not a very strong person. When she left her fathers' bed in the hospital,, she went straight to a pub and got sloshed. I am scared that it will become a vicious circle and that she won't get out of it easily.

5. Self-doubt

I left a comment on a blog which I prefer to leave anonymous for now. I am afraid that it could be taken in the wrong context and then misunderstood. It is so easy to read a post, leave a comment and not think twice about it. But the minute I pressed the publish button, I was hit by a wave of panic. Am I really as aware of others' feelings as I think I am? Have I turned into a non-thinking blabbing idiot? Please don't answer that one. Do I even have a clue? What gives me the right in the first place? Be careful and thoughtful, that is my motto from now on.

6. Disappointment

I didn't get nominated for the blog awards. I only felt disappointed today when I looked at some of the blogs that did get nominated. Maybe next time or maybe not. I still enjoy blogging and I ain't stopping yet.

7. Excitement

I can't be all bad. I went to a client this week to assist with a Pastel problem and after spending 2 hours with him, he offered me a job. Seeing that I had to fix almost a whole year's worth of errors by his bookkeeper, he thought it appropriate for me to rather just do his books for him from now on. This could be a solution with the problem with my boss therefore, I am excited about the project. Just 5 more clients like this and I can justify a full time position here and a hefty increase.

8. Relief

A few posts back I wrote about a friend whom I have been missing desperately. She called me on Saturday. We must have been on the phone for over an hour. I even spoke to her new man. He promised me that he is taking care of her and that she is happy. She even has pictures of myself and my little ones up on the walls in the house. He agrees that we need to see each other. So, hopefully we will have the oppertunity to see each other later this year.

Some of you might have noticed that I haven't published anything since 15 Feb. Sole reason for that, is my posts keep vanishing into cyberspace. Maybe someone is trying to tell me to stop. I am not ready to listen to that someone yet. I have too much I still want to say. So, stay tuned if you like and continue on the journey with me. Yes, it is a journey of self discovery and I am learning more and more about myself each day.

9 Comments:

  • At 2:37 PM, Blogger Reluctant Nomad said…

    You really have had a roller-coaster time of it lately. But it does seem that the highs outweigh the lows or am I wrong there?

    I hope that I'm right.

    As regards the disappearing posts, you need to resort to the cautious method, ie keep saving all the time or write the post in Word first before posting on your blog. Or have you been doing that? I know that there have been a few glitches with blogspot over the past few weeks but I've not lost anything apart from a few comments.

    Now you have no more excuses not to blog!

     
  • At 8:14 PM, Blogger Terri said…

    Sounds like you and Mr B had a good dinner together. Sounds like you're happy in your home life, which is the most important part :-)
    Don't worry about your friend too much... at least not yet. Keep an eye on her and be there for her; hopefully she will find a more constructive way to deal with her loss. With you as a friend I know she'll be ok.
    Don't spend too much time second-guessing yourself when you leave comments. Sometimes people need different points of view - isn't that why we blog, sometimes? So don't beat yourself up about it. Anyone who gets to know you will know that your comments come from a good place.
    And finally - it must've been great talking to our friend! Glad to hear she's happy too!
    xxx

     
  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger Terri said…

    PS I LOVE that you blog!!!

     
  • At 10:47 PM, Blogger LiVEwiRe said…

    Sounds to me as if you've had quite a combination of things going on lately! One thing to remember, all of those parts, even the ones that you have no control over or that make you second guess yourself are all parts of you. And we like you just as you are. No matter how much is going on, there can only be one thing that is 'first'. The rest may be a very close second, third, etc, but just don't forget to remind yourself that you are worth every good thing that comes your way. Nice to see you back on. =)

     
  • At 9:23 AM, Blogger Framesby 86 said…

    Reluctant Nomad - That is how I got this one finally published. I did it in Word first. Thank you for the advice. Will stick to this method from now on. You are so right about the highs and lows.

    Terri - The friend spent some sober time with us over the weekend. She seems ok now, but I know the funeral will be difficult to deal with. It was wonderful speaking to G. I miss the Flight days - the rallies, the pool, the Blink, the braais.. you know what I mean..

    Livewire - So good to hear from you again. Thank you for your kind words. I am glad to be back too. Just wish I had more time to blog. It is madness at work. Financial year ends and clients needing assistance with screw ups before they can close off.

     
  • At 9:51 AM, Blogger ChittyChittyBangBang! said…

    Quite a mixed bag of events you had within one week.
    I had the same reaction to Nomad's and Ekapa's posts. Especialy Ekapa, I have been a regular visitor since the first time he started blogging. I hope things work out well for him.
    Don't worry about the boss - his reaction seeems a little childish to me. You had good reasons not to be there.
    Keep blogging Buddess... I keep coming back here and for good reason. And you get the vote for one of MY FAVOURITE blogs. Blog awards are all about traffic and numbers.

     
  • At 12:27 PM, Blogger Framesby 86 said…

    Chitty - Thank you kindly Mr Chitty Sir. Much appreciated. I will have to carry on then, won't I? On another note, I am one of those silly people who cry when others cry and I think that is why those 2 blogs affected me so much last week. Your blog and a couple of others normally gives me the antidote - lots of laughter - thank you for that. You already know that you are one of my favourites!!!!

     
  • At 4:23 PM, Blogger Reluctant Nomad said…

    chitty couldn't have said it better - the votes that really count are the regular visitors that you get. Those regulars should make it all worthwhile! Knowing that and now that you are using Word to ensure you don't lose stuff, there is absolutely NO reason to feel down about blogging or to stop doing it!

     
  • At 9:01 AM, Blogger Framesby 86 said…

    Reluctant Nomad - I just love it when you say nice things like that!!! You do know that you are my most regular visitor. Are you doing research by any chance?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home