Myspace, Myspace Graphics, Myspace Backgrounds

oodlesofnoodlesoffun

Random thoughts and views and happenings and thoughts and views on random happenings etc

Sunday, April 09, 2006

For my friend Terri...

I promised Terri some pictures and it turned into a Sunday mystery trip. The whole family had to help with this one. Can you imagine how many times we heard "were are we going" and "why are we stopping here" today?

We took a drive to Schoenies and down Marine Drive. We ended up in Bluewater Bay where I took some lovely pictures of Algoa Bay with the skyline of PE in the background. I even tried to get close to the new Coega harbor wall to show you the progress being made. We were up in Fort Frederick and I took pictures of the Bakensriver Valley and the harbor.

Over excited me, got home, rushed to the computer to download the pictures and somehow messed the whole thing up. I shed some tears, uttered some unheard of profanities to myself, got back in the car and took the trip down the Marine Drive again and will attempt Bluewater Bay later in the week. I am so sorry about the mishap. Had some beautiful pics, but I hope these make up for it. See if you can recognize the spots I chose.




Then of course with this being PE and such a beautiful sunny Sunday, it was inevitable that this following pic had to be taken.




This last one has a story attached. We have often driven past and if you look at almost the centre of the picture you will see something red on the rock. Upon enlarging it, we found it to contain a rather special picture. Have a look at the enlargement of the rock. This picture was taken near a youth camp and I assume that it was painted by a bunch of youngsters who attended the youth camp.



I hope you enjoyed the trip as much as we did.

6 Comments:

  • At 10:06 AM, Blogger Bosbefok said…

    Ahhhh Thanks Buddess..... Youre a star !! Yes I did recognise the photos !! Now you just have to find us some nice close-ups of Frangipani Flowers for terri :-)
    Thanks For the photos - they kind of fill my soul up a bit...:-)

     
  • At 11:10 AM, Blogger Terri said…

    Oooh, thanks Jo!!! Lovely pics, its such a beautiful place and I have a huge smile on my face now from seeing 'home' :-)
    xxxx!

     
  • At 3:24 PM, Blogger Reluctant Nomad said…

    Such beautiful pictures! I wish I could be there right now!

    You may want to wander over to my blog. :-)

     
  • At 9:25 AM, Blogger whatalotoffun said…

    Nice photo's. I think I need to get a digital ASAP

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger ChittyChittyBangBang! said…

    Damn, you never know what you have, until don't have it anymore. Makes me wanna go back to CT and soak up the sun.
    Great pics, Jo.

     
  • At 12:21 PM, Blogger Framesby 86 said…

    Bosbefok - dial my number when you need your next fill. I will capture some more pics for you!!!

    Terri - mission accomplished!!! LOL

    Nomad - Thank you and I did!!

    Whatalotoffun - Twist M's arm!! I am having so much fun. This camera is like my third hand now.

    Chitty - You were supposed to want to come to PE and soak up the son!! Why am I battling so much with you? LOL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home