Myspace, Myspace Graphics, Myspace Backgrounds

oodlesofnoodlesoffun

Random thoughts and views and happenings and thoughts and views on random happenings etc

Monday, March 06, 2006

Curves - Confession time

I had my THIRD weigh in and measurements done on 28 Feb. How does the following sound?

Bust – 0.00
Waist - -1.00 cm
Abdomen - -3.00 cm
Hips - -1.00 cm
Thighs - 0.00
Arms - -1.00 cm
Weight - -1.00 kg's
Body fat - +0.50%

These measurements are a comparison between 28 Jan and 28 Feb’s measurements.

My problem is that I am extremely disappointed in myself. I set myself a 3 month goal and I am not anywhere near that. My weight is still 2 kg’s from the 3 month target. We won’t even talk about the other measurements. Due to the disappointment, I have been binge eating. Not helping matters at all. My life is just a bit upside down now. I have work commitments that are messing with home commitments and I am battling to balance the two out. The only thing that is suffering is the time I have to get to the gym. I missed 3 of 5 days last week. I missed one day due to Voting day, but the others simply because I couldn’t fit it into my hectic week. It was financial year end and clients climbed out of the woodwork and needed assistance with getting their year ends done. Amazing how bookkeepers know about errors, but won’t fix it until it screws up a year end. Then all hell breaks loose and everything comes to a standstill.

Yes, it is easy to find excuses. I have let myself fall into the trap. This after I have been so good. I haven’t gained any weight after the disaster of last week, but I am going to have to work extra hard over the next couple of weeks to sort out the damage caused to my self esteem.

Confession time: I am a binger and it can be very devastating. It is a vicious cycle to break and the slightest thing can trigger it. Actually, I don’t even always need an excuse. Then I hate myself as I do now. I am seriously considering brain surgery. I am sure a transplant will be a permanent solution. Can you imagine if it were that easy? I might be onto something here. It would be good to remember that for my next life. I want to return as a brain surgeon who will solve obesity and all dietary problems. Weight will not be an issue any more.

7 Comments:

  • At 2:46 PM, Blogger Reluctant Nomad said…

    Surely a good drug would be less invasive than surgery? A drug like the type they have developed for smokers and would like to develop for drug addicts - it removes the enjoyment derived from the 'bad habit' so that you are less inclined to indulge in it. Since food is a necessity, it would still have to allow you to actually eat as opposed to putting you off eating completely.

     
  • At 8:34 PM, Blogger DelBoy said…

    I have the same problem. My work time is messing with my cycle time and I'm not doing as many km's as I'd like to be doing per week!

    Plus I'm away this weekend, so there goes more valuable bike time!

     
  • At 8:38 PM, Blogger Terri said…

    Hang in there, Babe! You've lost cm, which is what counts, isn't it?

     
  • At 9:32 AM, Blogger whatalotoffun said…

    I love gym. I have been active all my life. did Judo from Sub a (grade 1) until Matrix (grade 10). Due to all my injuries I had to stop. so I started gym and was a gym addic. Before Danielle I lived in the gym did about 3 hours a day. Now I havent done any for plus minus 3 years. I look into the mirror and dont like what I am seeing. I know how you feel. But I think you look fabulous. Remember Rome was not build in a day. Hang in there.

     
  • At 9:46 AM, Blogger Framesby 86 said…

    Reluctant Nomad - What should we call the drug - Binge STOP!!

    Delboy - I feel for you. I know how keen you are on this event coming up.

    Terri - You're right of course, but I am too impatient now. I did so much better last month.

    Whatalotoffun - Now she actually saw me over the weekend and mentioned that she can see that I am loosing weight. Why am I then so hard on myself? Thank you Celeste. You perked me up again.

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Blogger Tammy said…

    Losing weight is the toughest thing to do, I joined weight watchers yesterday - again!! Its funny but I was listening to the radio and there was a guy who was saying that exercise was invented in 1915, until then people just walked everywhere and led physical lives and it was not considered exerceise just a way of life. I hate to work out and really have to learn how to love it!!! Hang in there, every kilo off is one less to lug around!

     
  • At 11:33 AM, Blogger Framesby 86 said…

    Tammy - Best of luck with Weight Watchers!! I can't get the counting thing right. I know it works if you do it correctly. Maybe we should all sell our cars and start walking everywhere.

    eKapa - You are so right. I have been good so far this week. Thank you for stopping by again.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home