Myspace, Myspace Graphics, Myspace Backgrounds

oodlesofnoodlesoffun

Random thoughts and views and happenings and thoughts and views on random happenings etc

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Interview Questions for Terri

As mentioned in my previous post, I asked Reluctantnomad to interview me and he did so beautifully. As the rules of the competition states, I left an invitation for someone to ask me to interview them in the same fashion. Terri asked me to interview her. Let's see if she remains my friend after all this is done...

Terri is a 30 something female living in Ireland with her husband, Dave and his 15 year old daughter, Cinderella(as she is lovingly called by her wicket stepmother). She is originally from South Africa and they have been living in Ireland for the last couple of years. Cinderella only recently joined them. She calls herself a Saffa in a strange country. She has no children of her own and seems to be a die hard when it comes to her resolution not to have children.

Terri comes across as a very serious workaholic on her blog. There is however a side to her that she reveals every now and then. That is her playful side that I have had the pleasure of getting to know during our biking days. She loves competing. She loves to dance and have fun. She has a great sense of humour. She is at her best next to a campfire with some OB's and good company. She is definitely someone who you can confide in. She is an honest, sincere, no nonsense type of gal. She loves to travel and has seen places most people one dream of visiting. I recall a recent ski holiday and an injury sustained. I must not forget to mention that Terri loves Frangipani's and the first person who can create a computerized scratch and smell technology, will be her hero forever!!!. Actually, there is a single word that describes her to the tee. FEISTY!

Buckle your seatbelt, put on your helmet, have another chocolate and fill your coffee mug because here goes!!!

Question 1: You have two creative abilities that comes across very strongly in your blog. You love to write and you love to take pictures. Have you considered or will you consider publishing your creative results? I know that you have dedicated a blogspot to your Terristories and have even won a prize in a competition for short stories, but would you take the plunge and sit and create a book and try to get it published, sold and actually make some good money out of it?

Question 2: It is obvious from your blog that you are very close to your mother and sisters. Your younger sister is also in Ireland, but your Mom and older sister is still in South Africa if I read correctly. If Dave had to tell you today that you are coming back to South Africa for good, what would your reaction be? You recently wrote about a position that you have acquired at work and that everything there is falling into place after all the time spent studying. Would it be an easy decision to make? Or would you prefer to stay there and fulfill another big favorite and that is to travel. There are still places on your list of places to see and would you like to first accomplish that?

Question 3: This one is very similar to a question that Allan asked me. Do you get sentimental and miss days gone by? I am particularly asking about the rallies. Just getting to the rally site was a rush of its own. Dave always had superfast bikes and I know that you loved speed. Getting there, pitching tents, drinking lots of whatever flows, sampling some "giggle-twak" and being with friends, was just so special. I know the weather isn't always too good in Ireland, but do they have rallies there? Enough OB's can sort out any foul weather, right?

Question 4: Has the fact that Cinderella(on the left) is living with you now, impacted on your life in a huge way? I must admit that she sounds like an angel. She seems to have slotted in so easily. What with cooking, baking and even watching sport with her dad? I know what it is like to have teenagers in the house, but I am used to it. I have 4 children and raised them from babies. You and Dave have been together since his children were little, but having spent a couple of years on your own, must have been cause for an adjustment. Ok, this isn't fair because this is now becoming a multipart question, but seeing that I am considering moving to a different country, how easily did she adapt to school and teenagers there? People have a tendency to consider South Africa a bit behind in what is actually happening in the world.

Question 5: You wrote a beautiful tribute to your father on the anniversary of his death. I will never forget it because I think that is the best piece I have read on any blog ever. You must be wondering where this is going? I know that you enjoy a lot of things considered male sports, ie shooting, pool, biking etc. Your father passed away when you were still very small. Where does your love for that come from? You don't talk about where you grew up or went to school etc on your blog and I am just curious to know how you got involved with it. You mentioned your shooting abilities in posts and I know that you can play pool better than most guys I know.

I have suddenly got hundreds more questions and I just read your last comment you left on my blog and I have decided to stop here and let you out of your misery. It was fun researching you and I hope I did you justice. You are a special person and there aren't many like you around.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:46 PM, Blogger Terri said…

    It was fun researching me? I'm sure that's what they say to the lab rats too... ;)

    Well since you were kind enough to pose my interview questions so quickly, you'll be pleased to know that I've posted the answers on my blog.

    Thanks, Buddess!

     
  • At 10:34 AM, Blogger Reluctant Nomad said…

    You two are so efficient! Let me go check up on Terri's answers.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home