Myspace, Myspace Graphics, Myspace Backgrounds

oodlesofnoodlesoffun

Random thoughts and views and happenings and thoughts and views on random happenings etc

Monday, July 10, 2006

World Cup 2006

Ok, I am not a soccer fanatic, but I have to say well done to Italy!!!!! You guys rock!!!! I am so happy that you won the tournament because from what I saw, you deserved it. picture courtesy of http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com

France, I am sorry that it didn't work out for you. You have to admit that they were just the better team on the day!!!

I actually watched it. I sat for the whole 90 minutes, the 30 minutes extra time and the very exciting penalty shootout. I just thought that if I had nothing better to do, I might as well watch history in the making. Glad I did, because I enjoyed every minute of it. Not enough to convert me to becoming a soccer fan, but enough for a very enjoyable Sunday evening. Couple that with the Wimbledon tennis final and you could say that I had enough of sport this weekend. My rugby team was sadly beaten on Saturday, but then the ladies Wimbledon final cheered me up after a very good match between Amelie Mauresmo(go here for a very interesting biography) and Justine Henin-Hardenne.

As it appears, I spent most of the weekend on the couch engrossed in sporting events. Sad life of an almost 40 year old woman. I should be out partying with my friends. Dancing up a storm. I love to dance, but I can't remember when last I did it. Oops sorry, us oldies shouldn't be partying anymore as per my kids. They reckon that once you hit 25, you are old!!! They are the only ones allowed to have fun. Imagine that!!!

What is the point of this? I have come to the conclusion that I am in need of some fun. Good clean adult fun. No children involved, no time constraints, just some fun. Pitty I can't go with my buddy Bosbefok on his trip this weekend. Now that would be just what the doctor ordered.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:26 PM, Blogger AngelConradie said…

    sheesh- is that what the players look like at wimbledon nowadays?

    sounds like a relaxing weekend to me!

     
  • At 9:06 AM, Blogger Terri said…

    You're never too old to party!!! I danced the night away at a party a couple of weeks ago and I loved it although I had to remove my shoes to go home cos I couldn't walk anymore and the next day I felt like I'd been steamrolled...
    Um ja, never too old to party but the side-effects definitely get worse as time goes by lol!

     
  • At 10:15 AM, Blogger Bosbefok said…

    PARTY !!!! Never too old to party.
    just make sure you do it with people of similar ages.... my problem is I forgot to grow up and now have mate who are still in their 20's and early 30's and they drive me to drink :-)
    Oh, and you would be welcome to join me on the trip - you may have to fight terri for the pillion seat....and we all know that isnt a good idea :-0) Next year we are thinking of doing the "Route 66" across America.
    You could start organising now and join us....? :-)
    This weekend I am flying solo so look out Ireland !!

     
  • At 1:23 PM, Blogger Framesby 86 said…

    Angel - I should put a pic of the guys on too!!! Yes, the weekend was great!!

    Terri - AAAAHHHH, maybe that is why I haven't misbehaved in a while. I know the consequenses!!!

    Bosbefok - Thank you, but I wouldn't want to fight with Terri. I love her too much for that. Route 66 sounds like a good idea!! Have a good one this weekend and try not to turn Ireland on its head!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home