Myspace, Myspace Graphics, Myspace Backgrounds

oodlesofnoodlesoffun

Random thoughts and views and happenings and thoughts and views on random happenings etc

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Time....Friend to some, enemy to others

On Saturday we had another one of our planning sessions for our reunion. I thought it went rather well considering the amount of planning we got done. Here is a picture of all of us at the event.

Considering that we are all 37 or 38 year olds, I think time has been pretty good to us!!!! Apart from some weight issues, we haven't done too badly.

The lady in the sleeveless dress has been living in Israel for the last 14 years and recently returned to South Africa. She has the most beautiful accent now as she has been speaking hebrew for a good 12 years. She has learned to speak it fluently after marrying her obviously hebrew speaking husband. She laughingly told us that she was late in arriving because she helped a cow deliver its calf. Sure, no problem, we are soooooooo used to that. We live in Africa, don't we!?

11 Comments:

  • At 9:25 AM, Blogger Reluctant Nomad said…

    Is the Israeli woman originally Afrikaans? Has her way of speaking Afrikaans changed?

    Seems like you guys are going to have a good opskop.

     
  • At 9:36 AM, Blogger Framesby 86 said…

    Nomad - She was at school with us, so yes, she is Afrikaans speaking, but because she didn't speak it for 12 years, she has the most interesting accent now. It is the same with my friend in NZ. She also has an accent now influenced by the NZ way of speaking.

    The e-mails are pouring in asking about the opskop. Good sign, I think.

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger whatalotoffun said…

    Im glad everything is going well. Well for the cow story I did that ones to my mon and I had to help cow when she gave birth she had a bridge baby well dont know what you call it in the animal kingdom.

     
  • At 2:39 PM, Blogger Bosbefok said…

    I am sure the Opskop will include a braai ...!! I am SO Jealous ! Terri and I are enjoying the good warm weather here and as soon as we move into our new house in 2 weeks I am gonna have a braai !!
    Except of course if the Irish weather decides different and we get snow in Summer :-)
    Say Hi to all....

     
  • At 7:49 PM, Blogger Terri said…

    Ag, you all look like you're just out of nappies ;)
    Seriously, you look great in that pic, Buddess.

     
  • At 10:07 AM, Blogger Reluctant Nomad said…

    So, has the opskop happened yet?

     
  • At 9:37 AM, Blogger Framesby 86 said…

    Whatalotoffun - for a minute there I thought you were saying you helped your mom gave birth...hahaha.

    Bosbefok - I am sure you can't wait to move anymore!!!!! As for the braai, when has cold and wet ever stopped us from having one????

    Terri - Aw thanks T!!! I am so looking forward to this reunion. I have put in many hours and can't wait anymore.

    Nomad - No not yet. It happens in September. Want to join us???

     
  • At 12:28 PM, Blogger Flea said…

    You didn't say wich one is you??!!!

     
  • At 7:45 PM, Blogger ancient clown said…

    A modified poem I've shared with others called;
    'TIME'

    Time
    Man's Frankenstein
    Wasting it away since it's creation
    Killing it off 'till our cremation
    Don't have a minute to spend
    Nor a moment to lose.
    Living or Dying
    Time to choose.

    Words of Wisdom for All:
    A minute has sixty seconds,
    A moment can last a lifetime.
    your humble servant,
    Ancient Clown

     
  • At 1:38 PM, Blogger Framesby 86 said…

    Hannelie - I sent you an email.

    Ancient Clown - Welcome and thank you for your words!!! Please visit again.

     
  • At 4:14 AM, Blogger Flea said…

    So where does the children's blond hair come from??
    My daughter is very blond too, I use to be, and every one asked me that!!
    Thanks for the e-mail, I replied!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home